Our team is looking for a top notch Front End Developer that loves combining the art of design with the art of programming. You will implement the UI/UX design to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application and work hand in glove with our UI/UX designer to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation. Taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works is something that gets you out of bed in the morning. You have an eye for perfection and can spot a pixel missing miles away.
You have a passion for adopting new technology and love to release early and release often. Taking an agile approach to development is critical, so we continually gain user feedback and incorporate it into future versions of the platform. Driven by a combination of gut instinct, creative ideas, analytics and user feedback, we're aiming to improve the way people experience buying and selling real estate.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
How to Apply:
Are you interested in working for an industry leader alongside an amazing team? Please send resumes in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate ‘Front-End Developer’ in the subject line of your email.
Location: Our offices in Vancouver, BC (Please no remote or re-location applicants)